- 3⁄4cup brown sugar
- 2 -4tablespoons salt
- 1⁄4cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground allspice
- 4lbs baby back ribs (2 full racks)
- 1 can Pepsi (or similar)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine all Rub ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using a full cooking sheet, prepare ribs by removing membrane that covers the inside part of the ribs. Also trim off excess fat.
- Generously coat both sides of both racks of ribs.
- In 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker, place roasting rack in inner pot. Pour in Pepsi. Place each rack of ribs vertically, with meaty side out, and meatier edge on top. (A 6-quart P.C. should accommodate 3 racks, and an 8-quart P.C. should handle 4 racks.).
- Feel free to sprinkle rest of rub on ribs.
- Put inner pot into Pressure Cooker base.
- Secure lid.
- INSTANT POT: Select MEAT/STEW setting, and increase time to 30 minutes. When cooking has completed, press Off, and unplug. Allow pressure to release naturally (or at least 12 minutes before venting).
- Once pressure cooker has released its pressure, remove the lid. Carefully remove the ribs with tongs.
- FINISHING: Set oven to BROIL. Put racks meaty side up and glaze with BBQ sauce with a silicone basting brush. Broil for 2-5 minutes or until heated through. If you like, baste again and broil some more.