Broiled Tomato Sandwich
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 ripe tomatoes (1 1/3 lb.), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Italian bread, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a large, shallow bowl. Add tomatoes and let stand, turning occasionally to coat thoroughly, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, pepper, and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan. Spread about 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise mixture on each bread slice. Top each with two tomato slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet; broil about 5 inches from heat until cheese turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.