Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (two sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg) chocolate chips (I used a combo of milk and semi sweet)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl and then add gradually to butter mixture.
- Beat together well.
- Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts, if you so desire).
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned (Don't Overcook!).
- Cool slightly and then remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.