Recipe #2 – Grilled Stuffed Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 slices pineapple
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Cook onions with butter in a non-stick pan until softened, season with salt & pepper.
- Mix beef, turkey, and cooked onions. Shape into 4 patties, make a pocket in 2 of them. Put piece of cheese (folded to fit) into the pockets and top with second patty. Season each stuffed burger well with salt & pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until done on one side, then flip them over, and brush with teriyaki. Cook until done.
- Grill pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes each side, or until heated through.
- Build burger: bun bottom, lettuce, burger, tomato, pineapple slice, bun top.