Easy ground beef Wellington recipeServes 4
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, shallot and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until softened.
- Add the peas, parsley, Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place the beef in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetable mixture and half the beaten egg to the bowl. Mix together until thoroughly combined, using a spatula or your hands.
- Roll the puff pastry out with a rolling pin on a clean, floured surface.
- Place the beef mixture on top of the puff pastry, and shape it into a log.
- Brush the remaining beaten egg around the edges of the puff pastry, and fold the pastry over like a burrito.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet seam side down, and brush the top with whatever remaining egg there is.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown and flaky on top.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.