I selected Raspberries this week! Here's a few fun facts I learned about this fruit:
- Raspberries are made up of 100 little fruits called drupelets.
- Russia is the largest supplier of raspberries coming in at 125K tons each year.
- They are great sources of fiber and Vitamin C, E, & B9.
- Raspberry leaves consumed in tea can help regulate your menstrual cycle
- AND chemicals in raspberry roots can help prevent kidney stones.
I made Raspberry "Breakfast" bars (or dessert bars) from Averie Cooks on Pintrest.They are sweet and chewy! I already had all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry this week to make them. You can change out the fruit filling and try other ingredients too.
Toast with plain yogurt, matcha and fresh raspberries.
I mixed the matcha powder in the plain yogurt. Spread on top of the toast and topped with raspberries.My yummy breakfast.
I considered baking something. But right now with it so hot outside I try not to use the oven so much. So instead I decided to spice up the perfect summertime beverage. Lemonade.. Oh.. I added some white wine to make it more adult like.. Either way.. It was very refreshing.
Raspberry Peach Lemonade
Nikita, Amy and Georgia
How to join:
If you'd like to join our Saturday bites club send me an email at email@example.com